It’s getting dark outside, and you’re all ready to go on vacation. Your house is prepared for a break from your day-to-day routine, but what about the security of the place? You don’t want to come back home and find out that someone broke in while you were gone. There are plenty of ways to put up a lock or alarm system before going away for an extended period of time. Some easy steps can ensure that your home will be secure while you’re gone! Finally time for vacation, and you’re all packed up. You want to make sure your home is safe, so here are some things that you can do for extra security:
Here’s How To Secure Your Home Before Vacation
- Put a message in the mailbox saying something like, “I will be out of town, and there won’t be anyone checking this mailbox until I return.” This way, any visitors know they should wait around for someone else before coming into your place.
- Turn off or unplug appliances such as dishwashers, washing machines and dryers while you’re away. These could cause an overload if left running during a storm or power outage.
- Unplug electronics with batteries such as TV remotes, DVD players, video game.
- Make sure to hide any important valuables that you may have.
What To Do Around Your House Before Leaving For Vacations
- You’ll need to make sure everything is locked uptight. This includes locking all the windows and doors in your home as well as any outside gates or garage door openers.
- Go through each room and make sure all the lightbulbs have been changed recently – since they use so much energy when left on during vacations, it’s best not to take any chances with bulbs blowing out while you’re gone. It’s important to secure your home as best you can.
- If you have time, ask a friend or neighbor to keep an eye on your place while you’re away. Just make sure they know what to do if something gets broken or goes missing (i.e., call the police).
- You might also want to set your alarm system by a locksmith Toronto depending on how much of a break-in risk it poses – and lock the doors and windows before leaving. This will prevent anyone with ill intent from entering through an unlocked door and stealing anything that isn’t bolted down.
Remember: we don’t need another senseless crime in our neighborhood!
- If possible, use a timer or automation app on your phone to turn off lights at specific times and set appliances like the fridge to be off during certain hours. This will prevent burglars from thinking someone may be home and provide them with an easy opportunity for getting what they want.
All these preventive measures assure that you enjoy your holidays with peace and trust the locksmith services. We recommend contacting Matrix Locksmiths because we are experts in all types of locksmith services.
Read More About: Why your car should be fitted with an alarm