In order to ensure the safety of our possessions and valuables, it goes without saying that we must take precautions. According to data published by Canada’s national statistical agency last year, robberies, burglaries, and thefts have increased significantly over the past four years. If you want to avoid becoming a victim of theft or burglary in Canada, you should keep your possessions secure. One of the first locks and keys that come to mind when talking about basic locks and keys is a combination locks.
It is fortunately possible to protect your valuables and belongings in a variety of ways. Different lock and key configurations are one of the most common methods. Contact Our Locksmith Toronto if you are interested in purchasing locks or knowing more about other ways to protect your valuables and belongings!
Combination locks: what you need to know
A combination lock is one of the first locks and keys that come to mind when discussing basic locks and keys. By aligning the parts inside properly, this type of lock opens without a key.
Symbols programmed into the lock determine how the interior components are aligned. A mechanical or electronic keypad can be used to enter a passcode or turn the dial to unlock.
The changing of combination locks
There are many reasons why you might need to change the combination of your combination lock, including the possibility that it has been compromised or the desire to regularly update or change the combination. You should understand how to alter lock combinations for future use, regardless of your motivation.
There are numerous ways to change the combination on a dial lock depending on the lock’s design and how it was made.
The following illustration illustrates how to modify or reset a combination lock for a single dial lock:
- Find out where your lock’s “change” position is. Generally, combination locks change positions at 1:00 or 11:00 on the dial.
- The next step is to select the new passcode combination after determining the change position.
- For your dial lock to return to neutral mode, you may need a real key that is locked inside the lock’s back. You must insert the key correctly if your combination lock requires one in order to change the combination.
If you use a padlock with a multiple dial combination lock, here’s how to change your combination:
- The lock can be unlocked by raising the shackle.
- After rotating the shackle 90 degrees anticlockwise, press it all the way down.
- Your new combination can be set by holding down your lock’s shackle and turning each dial.
- After lifting the shackle, you should be able to program your new code into your lock.
Matrix Locksmith can help you change your combination locks and more
We at Matrix Locksmith are here to help you with all your combination lock issues, whether you need to change the security code or not. If you have been locked out of your home or need a deep resetting of all your combination locks, Matrix Locksmith can help.
Our friendly and professional team at Matrix Locksmith in Toronto are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist you. We know that lockouts can happen at any time, so we are ready to help you 24/7.
For more information about how we can help, call 416-877-9297 now!