What is lock snapping?
Lock snapping is a dangerous and destructive crime that has been on the rise in recent years. Lock snapping is a method of attack that can be used to break into your homes in Toronto. It is also known as “lock bumping” and it’s fairly easy to do. All that is required to trigger lock snapping is a screwdriver and an adjustable wrench. The tools are placed in the keyhole, which activates pins inside the cylinder as they push against it. As the tumbler pushes back out, this creates enough force for someone to get past your lock without ever having a key.
Lock snappers even use an instrument called a bump key, which has two bumps on the top surfaces of the key blade instead of one like in a traditional house key. The attacker inserts this into the lock and jiggles it up and down until they hear or feel the tell-tale click sound when opening between pins inside the lock cylinder, meaning that they have successfully manipulated some number (usually 2) of pins so that they are set at their sheer line angles, allowing them to turn freely with just a slight push on the handle.
Read More About- The Transponder Key: What Is It, and How Does it Work?
Secure Your House From Robberies, Prevent Lock Snapping!
- Check door locks every few weeks for signs of wear, breakage, or tampering.
- Installing and using the most secure locks can make all the difference in preventing a lock from snapping in two.
- Install an Anti-Snap lock tool, this kind of lock is a euro cylinder lock that is tested and approved to SS312 diamond standard.
- Install a security alarm system with the help of your locksmith. Anti-snap locks have a tested cylinder that keeps the lock from being snapped by the method used by burglars. They can attack this lock, but it won’t snap as a traditional euro-cylinder lock will.
- Install a Lock Guard like the Secure Guard to your door, it will also help prevent the lock from being snapped.
- Secure windows and doors with appropriate hardware or grills, which will protect against most smash & grab robberies.
- Consider installing an intercom for your main entrance to help deter unwanted guests from entering the premises.
As long as your new locks are properly fitted and installed, you won’t have to worry about snapping. A professional locksmith will be able to make the right recommendation for your door and install the proper lock to better protect your home.
Read More About: Tips to make your home burglar-proof
How To Recover From A Lock Snapping?
Lock snapping is a common occurrence, and it can happen to anyone! But don’t worry, by following these easy steps you’ll be able to recover without too much hassle.-The first step in recovering from a lock snapping is to call a qualified locksmith immediately! If they’re not readily available then make sure nobody enters the property until help arrives. A professional like a locksmith Toronto will be able to open your door quickly and efficiently as well as provide you with the best solution for repairs or any other security needs that might arise. When it comes time for repair, consider installing the best smart lock and a security system. This way you can rest assured knowing your home’s safety remains intact after such an incident.
Licenses and Certifications
These are just a few licenses and certifications and memberships Matrix Locksmith can show case the residence of Richmond Hill to ensure safety and peace of mind .